Lansing, MI, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 06/21/2022 08:12 pm
*** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year and usually the project goes for 3-5 years with this customer *** Hybrid; 2 days a week onsite***
This position provides oversight, leadership, accountability, and project management functions for medium to large project efforts with high visibility at the Agency Executive level. This position will ensure consistency with the State of Michigan project management methodology (SUITE), regularly interact with the project teams for status of budget, quality, and schedule, escalate issues and risks as needed to executives and exercise project quality control activities to ensure project scope expectations are met.
This position will be responsible for the oversight of several projects within the within the State of Michigan.
- Project management experience
- Experience with software vendors and vendor management
- Experience working with Senior level management in larger organizations
- Experience working with Agile and Agile Hybrid environments
- Experience using organizational project management tools
- Experience using remote work tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Pro-active approach to leading projects
- Ability to seamlessly work with multiple projects with aggressive timelines
In addition, expectations of this position are to:
- Enter and allocate all resources into the Project and Portfolio Management tool.
- Track that resources are entering time and let the resource managers know if time is not being entered.
- Manage the Microsoft Teams/SharePoint site for the project; upload appropriate files and messages.
- Schedule and facilitate project status meetings and meetings with project sponsors.
- Create and track Action Items for the projects.
- Monitor Quality Assurance requests and remind team as needed to respond.
- Schedule ad hoc meetings as needed.
- Manage the highly visible projects to a strict timeline.
- Be flexible to a highly changing environment.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Suhasini Thota(Ravi Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (703) 3494245
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.