Raleigh, NC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 05/23/2022 03:34 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year, expect to go for 4+ years *** Remote during covid then onsite
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a senior project manager to manage the planning and implementation of a statewide IT project for Early Intervention Branch (EIB) of Division of Child and Family Wellbeing (DCFW). The Early Intervention Branch (EIB) is a part of the Womens and Childrens Health Section (WCHS), in the DCFW, Department of Health and Human Services. The Early Intervention Branch manages the N.C. InfantToddler Program (N.C. ITP), which includes the EIB and 16 regional offices, called Childrens Developmental Service Agencies, that serve all 100 counties in North Carolina. The N.C. ITP is the statewide program for infants and toddlers, ages birth to 3 years, who have developmental disabilities or delays or an established health condition that leads to developmental delay. The N.C. ITP is governed by the federal Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and was established by Congress in 1986.
The EIB is seeking to acquire a solution to support the Infant Toddler Program (ITP). This lead project management role will work with the selected vendor(s) to complete implementation of the system. This position will be responsible for working with seniorlevel business executives, IT personnel, business program resources and Vendor staff to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations. This position will manage the day to day activities for the project and complete all input to the State Project Management (Touchdown) system as needed. The project will be utilizing the agile methodology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining detailed project schedule, budget and monitoring expenditures
- Developing and maintaining all required project management artifacts following State, DHHS and PMBOK guidelines
- Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State
- Leading and performing handson analysis of the business and technical environments, and writing RFP
- Working with vendors to manage contract deliverables, oversee all vendor activities to ensure that all the milestones are met
- Ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained, ensuring that deliverables are completed timely and accurately
- Establishing project governance, conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted
- Serving as an IT project liaison to the business client
- Working with business stakeholders to develop necessary project management, change management, risk management, rollout, and training plans
- Working with the technical team to ensure technical readiness during implementation and supervising implementation activities
- Developing and maintaining all required State CIO project documentation
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development / maintenance teams that was diligently applying Agile / Kanban values and principles and practices
- Proficient in conducting all the Scrum ceremonies within a collocated as well as distributed teams
- Experience in facilitating release planning
Required skills include:
- The selected candidate must be a resultsoriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problemsolving skills.
- Capable of leading effective project meetings that are tailored to the audience
- Ability to create simple to complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using project management tools
- Must have proficiency in project management, agile, scrum, and kanban software tools
- Must have strategic planning skills with good understanding of roadmap development.
- Ability to write and present effective project materials, including presentations and status reports
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel
- Proven experience with working collaboratively with business/program partners
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve system or business process/project issues
- Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work in a highdemand dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including development of project
- Must have experience writing RFPs/technical writing
- Understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Ability to help manage Scrum team backlog and/or Kanban Flow, and priorities using agile based tools (ServiceNow, Jira, Version One etc.)
Management prefers applicants with the following:
- Candidate with PMP Certification. Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Experience managing or supervising legacy system replacement projects
- Experience collaborating with State and Local Government
- Healthcare related experience is required
- Knowledge of Public Health Programs is preferred
- Experience planning and managing data conversion activities
- Experience building rollout plans
- Experience working with early childhood data systems
- 7 years of Project management experience, preferably with large, complex automation implementation efforts involving vendor managment
- 7 years of Demonstrated Project Management experience on system deployments with multiple clients
- 7 years of Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule.
- 7 years of Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications.
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated presentation, training skills, oral and written communication skills.
- 7 years of Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) and MS Office
- 7 years of Capable of leading effective project meetings that are tailored to the audience
- 7 years of Ability to create simple to complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using project management tools
- 7 years of Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel
- 7 years of Proven experience with working collaboratively with business/program partners
- 7 years of Ability to effectively identify and resolve system or business process/project issues
- 7 years of Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results
- 7 years of Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work in a highdemand dynamic environment
- Must have experience writing RFPs/technical writing
Highly desired skills
- PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP) and Scrum Master Certification
- State government experience and experience working with early childhood data systems
- 3 years of Understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- 3 years of Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development / maintenance teams that was diligently applying Agile / Kanban values and prin
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Chinmayee Patro(Ravi Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 6979490
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.