MS BI Developer - Mostly remote
Harrisburg, PA, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 05/20/2022 08:20 pm
*** Very long term project; Long term - usually goes for 3+ years***Webcam interview;Mostly remote ; onsite first of every month *** 37.5 hours per week ***
PDE requires an experienced SQL developer with proven experience with SSAS. The candidate should have more than 5 years of demonstrated experience and a 4 year bachelors degree. Familiarity with education, education data, and Pennsylvania Information Management System (PIMS) and its data is highly desired. The candidate will primarily work on Research data repository project along with other projects as assigned. Experience with multi dimensional cubes, data linking and automation of data refresh between different data sources is highly desired. The candidate preferably has experience in education and has knowledge and understanding of various types of project management methodologies.
Responsibilities: Thhe role and duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interface with key stakeholders and apply technical proficiency through the SDLC.
- Deliver high quality code, lead validations for testing and all activities related to implementation.
- Document, design, develop, test, implement and support solutions such as data models, cubes and reports to support data analysis
- Work closely with business units and team members to thoroughly understand business processes.
- Consult and collaborate with business to translate needs into analytics/reporting requirements.
- Track the status of assigned projects to ensure timely completion. Maintain communication with project manager and project team regarding progress of work.
- Schedule and oversee production rollouts.
- Coach and educate end users on best practices, standards for querying, and proper use of reports and cubes.
- Identify opportunities for improving BI development methods and procedures.
- Research database issues, standards and products as required.
- Development experience using BI tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services
- Minimum 5 years of related experience * Experience developing data cubes with Microsoft SSAS
- Strong SQL skills required.
- Reporting Services skills required.
- Analysis Services skills a plus.
- Integration Services skills a plus.
Reporting Structure a) Directly reports to the Data Quality Office Director b) Expected to be discerning enough to work independently.
- Development experience using BI tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services 5 Years
- Experience developing data cubes with Microsoft SSAS 5 Years
- Strong SQL skills required 5 Years
- Reporting Services skills required 5 Years
Highly desired skills:
- Analysis Services skills a plus 5 Years
- Integration Services skills a plus 5 Years
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Hima Teja(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 6290353
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.