Length and terms:
Long term - W2 Only
Position created on 05/17/2022 03:36 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Very long term project; initial PO till 6/30/2023, expect to go for 4+ years ***Ramote*** W2 hourly contract only; no c2c or 1099 ***
DOAS Risk Management uses Ventiv Technologys Claims Enterprise and Integrated Risk Management (IRM) systems to support the State of Georgias self-insured insurance program. Claims Enterprise has close to 100 users who are adjusters and insurance program staff. IRM has around 300 users who are considered “the customer” and who use IRM to view their claims and loss experience.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Application Support Engineer to monitor and maintain the efficiency of our software applications. In this role, your duties will include reporting to our Director of Risk Management, collaborating with colleagues, and performing successful software upgrades of line-of-business application software. You will also be required to provide application support to our end-users.
To ensure success as an Application Support Engineer, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment. Top-Notch Application Support Engineers distinguish themselves by being proactive in providing application support.
- Providing software application support under the supervision of the IT (or Risk Management?) Director.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Create and modify internal reports using iVOS Reporter, Jasper AdHoc, and other Ventiv reporting tools.
- Consulting with the software vendors, internal users, and stakeholders to improve application performance.
- Developing and maintaining test plans for application upgrades.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors, working with the vendor to identify fixes or bugs and escalating serious concerns to the Director of IT.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Providing front-end support to management and colleagues in other departments.
- Monitoring and correcting issues with all external interfaces and processes.
- Understanding the business workflow and business requirements of all work units that use the applications.
- Serving the role of subject expert in all Projects related to the application
- Managing and overseeing a support team as well as attending meetings with agencies and other team associates and program managers
- Provide subject assistance with all State and Federal reporting mandates
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience supporting software systems.
- Demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field.
- Knowledge of Oracle PL-SQL and IBM Cognos a plus.
- Experience supporting insurance claims management and risk management systems a plus.
- Experience with or willingness to learn support for EDI troubleshooting and setup.
- Exceptional ability to provide front end support to internal departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work with software vendors to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Exceptional communication skills.
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Five years of directly related management experience OR Associates/Vocational/Technical degree from an accredited college or university AND Seven years of directly related management experience OR Two years of experience at the lower level Mgr 2, Systems Dev (ITM011) or position equivalent.
- Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following items below. PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS ON YOUR RESUME.
- System administration experience with Ventiv Technologys Claims Enterprise (iVOS) platform (or a similar insurance claims management system).
- System administrator experience with document capturing platform such as Kofax KTM.
- Experience maintaining complex transactional systems including payment processing systems.
- Experience with Oracle SQLPlus or other SQL reporting language.
- Experience developing and maintaining reports and views using JasperSoft Reporting and Ad Hoc tools or other similar business analytics tools.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel including building and using Pivot Tables, building complex formulas, and developing graphs.
Highly Desired Skills:
- 2 years of System administration experience with Ventivs Technology Claims Enterprise (iVOS) platform or similar insurance claims management system.
- 2 years of Oracle SQLPlus or other SQL reporting language.
- 1 year of System administrator experience with document capturing platform such as Kofax KTM.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Ram Shailender
His/her contact number is
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.