SQL Server DBA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 05/16/2022 02:32 pm
*** Very long term project; Long term - usually goes for 3+ years***Webcam interview; Remote but must pick up laptop at Harrisburg PA *** 37.5 hours per week ***
This position is responsible for advanced technical work in all phases of database administration support; development activities (support the application development lifecycle, planning, design, development, implementation, data migration, quality assurance, data cleanup, and data administration) as well as database operations activities (database administration, database security, assuring availability, server and database monitoring, performance monitoring, SQL software installation and configuration, and Service Pack installations).
- Provides Operations support for SQL Database and Database Server administration support for critical production systems.
- Ensures overall health and availability and quality of services
- Perform Health Checks to review the performance of databases to identify and provide recommendations to enhance performance of databases.
- Performs migration and upgrade of SQL Databases from legacy server\SQL Version to new server\SQL Version.
- Performs data migration by designing programs to optimally extract, cleanse, transform and load data between data sources as part of data migration and data validation support.
- Deploy database schema changes to test and production environments.
- Provide Power BI Support Assistance to the Lead Power BI Administrator.
- Provide Data Warehouse Support Assistance to the Lead Data Warehouse Administrator.
- Provide Data Mart Support Assistance to the Lead Data Mart Administrator.
- Deploying SQL database solutions within Azure
- Securing Azure SQL resources and data
- Interconnecting Azure SQL resources with other Azure services
- Monitoring and optimizing Azure SQL Database performance
- Processes for migrating on premises SQL Server databases to Azure
- Provides Database Design support.
- Creates, maintains, and supports the logical and/or physical design of assigned databases by utilizing modeling tool to develop the data models.
- Reviews data dictionaries and data models; provides comments in accordance with standards.
- Defines, develops, and creates databases by assessing requirements.
- Design tables through database normalization by efficiently organizing data by eliminating redundant data and ensuring data dependencies make sense.
- Meet with developers and vendors to ascertain requirements and to provide consulting assistance to determine the appropriate database configurations.
- Request backup and restore from the backup team.
- Engages in ongoing process improvement.
- Knowledgeable in data analysis and database management techniques.
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision of Team Lead.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and track issues, risks, and action items.
- Coordinates with vendors and service providers to resolve technical support issues
- Assists in coordinating software releases.
- Manages and provides status update on all work activities.
- Follow database standards.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Complete assigned tasks.
- SQL Server Database Administration experience 7 Years
- Data Analytics experience 3 Years
- Azure Database Administration Experience 1 Years
- Business systems analysis and design experience 7 Years
- Data Warehouse Experience 1 Years
- Worked in Database Administration on Production Servers 4 Years
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Provides high quality and professional customer service
- Microsoft SQL (HA / Always On)
Highly desired skills:
- Business systems analysis and design experience
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Fazal Uddin
His/her contact number is +(1) (703) 4684697
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.