*** no c2c *** long term hourly contract *** W2 only; Remote
Interview : Skype/Phone.
• Hands-on MSSQL monitoring and application support in ways that are consistent with MS SQL Server best practices.
• Collaboration with Clemson’s database administration team to maintain test, staging, production databases and the development of operations procedures for database management.
• Enable and tune MSSQL features to optimize the performance of databases in the context of a VMWare environment. Generate and analyze performance data, recommend courses of action and implement best solutions to achieve optimum performance.
• Coordinating with outside entities, including vendors for other systems/services, providers, professional associations, and other State agencies.
• Advising development and product teams on best approaches for required data model extensions and/or changes.
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation with other DBA team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
Clemson is seeking a Microsoft SQL Server professional with the knowledge and experience along with comparable communication and interpersonal skills to enable success on several high-visibility projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
The Senior MSSQL DBA role has four major attributes: software development leadership, project management skills, people skills, and domain knowledge in enterprise class multi-tier web-based application development projects. Candidates must display excellence in all areas.
• Proven MS SQL Server DBA experience in supporting enterprise applications in Windows environments.
• Experience with WSFC clusters and Always On Availability Groups setup and support.
• Experience and detailed knowledge of MSSQL backup and recovery.
• Demonstrated success in supporting a development team implementing primarily web-based solutions using MSSQL as the database.
• Understanding of IT development and implementation projects.
• Understanding of database scalability and operations.
• Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation.
• Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to project management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
• Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
• Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Hands-on experience with managing MSSQL performance and availability 24x7.
• Experience with configuring monitoring and alerting for MSSQL databases.
• Hands-on experience with MSSQL upgrades and patching.
• In-depth knowledge of security best practices including instance/database security, encryption, and service specific account permissions.
• In-depth knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery options. Provide strategic SQL Server solutions for critical systems.
• Deployment and support of transparent data encryption.
• Knowledge of application change management.
• Experience managing PHI/PII data.
• Oracle database knowledge and support experience is a plus, but not required.
• Public sector experience is a plus
The recruiter working on this position is Abaka Kartik(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (571) 2812089
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.