Communications and Training Specialist - Part time
Length and terms:
9 Months with extension - W2 or C2C
Position created on 05/11/2022 07:51 pm
Interview : Skype *** Candidate must be fully vaccinated ***Remote; part time (20-30 hours per week; flexible hours)
- Responsible for drafting and editing written work products from the Office of Behavioral Health/BHA to include: provider communications (both written and verbal), and OBH and other Department-wide policies.
- The position is responsible for developing communication strategies and goals that support the program, Division and Agency goals and ensure that they are aligning with the communication unit’s goals.
- Writes, edits and proofreads a variety of communications for newsletters, web, and other content, media and public relations, print collateral and promotional materials, messaging, FAQs, etc.
- Drafts and edits talking points, presentations and documents for the project.
- Updates OBH/BHA and Division internet and intranet sites ensuring sites are up-to-date and clear, with relevant information.
- Creates information that effectively communicates complex technical data and regulatory information in a manner that is easily understood by the public, legislature, regulated community and performance partners.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders in policy, regulation, and technical discussions related to behavioral health payment processing.
Communications Partnerships and Strategy
- Ensures messaging about the projects, the BHA and its initiatives are consistent and adheres to division and department guidelines
- Advises and guides OBH programs on strategies to communicate with audience.
- Acts as liaison to CDHS Communications for the MMIS project.
- Attends CDHS/BHA Communications meetings, as assigned
- Work with subject matter experts to coordinate and facilitate training opportunities for providers
- Create and publish training materials
Education and Experience
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree.
- Additional, relevant, paid or unpaid experience can substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Leading and launching large scale campaigns
- Communicating complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively with key stakeholders, speak and write authoritatively and compellingly, resolve communication problems, and negotiate and manage competing interests.
The preferred candidate will exhibit:
- Experience working in a complex and political environment.
- Knowledge and experience in Colorado-specific behavioral health issues.
- Experience launching marketing/ communications campaigns with technology components at its core
- Experience working with or for health providers
- Knowledge of or familiarity with behavioral health and health systems
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Chinmayee Patro(Ravi Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 6979490
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.