Asset Management Consultant
Washington, DC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - w2 or c2c or 1099
Position created on 01/14/2022 08:50 pm
**** W2 or 1099 or c2c ***webcam interview *****Long term project; usually the project goes for multiple years with this customer. Candidate must work couple of days per week onsite and remaining remote. *** Proof of vaccination required before starting the project***
he District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer/Office of the Chief Information Officer is seeking to hire an Asset Management
- Developing, maintaining and executing asset management program including processes, procedures, tools, and reporting for all hardware/software assets.
- Manage IT asset inventory utilizing best practice software asset management (SAM), Hardware asset management (HAM) and IT asset disposition (ITAD) processes and tools across the full range of digital technology assets.
- Ensuring that Hardware and Telecommunication asset inventory is always up to date for all technology assets and only authorized components are used.
- Maintaining software asset management tools including accurate inventory of software
- Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
- Gather, analyze and manage data to track lifecycle, maintenance and decommissioning of IT assets.
- Tracks license utilization; performs license audits; respond to license validation requests; track remedial actions
- Perform sample laptop/desktop/telecommunication devices audits on a monthly basis to ensure that devices are assigned to the correct individuals
- Evaluate and configure OCFOs existing asset management software and recommend an alternate software if required
- Coordinate the procurement function of IT assets.
- Receiving inventory and maintaining the inventory room (physical and/or virtual) for IT Equipment (Hardware and Telecommunication)
- Serving as an IT Point-of-Contact on true-up audits and asset renewal projects by gaining agreement on timelines, deliverables and effectively escalating issues.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Determines, develops, and implements enterprise information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- 6 years of Developing, maintaining & executing asset management program including processes, procedures, tools, and reporting for all hardware/software assets
- 6 years of Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
- 6 years of Coordinate the procurement function of IT assets
- 10 years of Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- 6 years of Experience in tracking Asset and License information via an Asset Management tool / CMDB.
- 6 years of Receiving inventory and maintaining the inventory room (physical and/or virtual) for IT Equipment (Hardware and Telecommunication)
- An Industry Certification such as Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), Certified Hardware Asset Management (CHAMP) or similar
- 2 years of Understanding of Vendor Management, Procurement, Asset Lifecycles, and License Management.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.