Senior Database Architect
Columbus, OH, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 01/12/2022 08:35 pm
*** Webcam interview *** Long term contract *** Initial remote due to Covid then onsite; must pick up laptop in person
The Senior Database Architect is responsible for the analysis, design, development, and implementation of the data architecture in support of the agency mission. The Senior Database Architect will architect the analytical data systems including data warehouse(s), data lake(s), and data mart(s) as best meet the agency requirements. The Senior Database Architect is familiar with a variety of the database technologies, concepts, methodologies, practices, and procedures and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Database Architects perform a variety of complicated tasks with minimal or no direct supervision. They assist in defining system and application architecture and provide vision, problem anticipation, and problem-solving ability to the agency. They consult with the client to define needs or issues, conduct research, perform studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyze problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization.
Years of Relevant Experience:
- 8 plus years of database experience
- 4 plus years database modeling and architecture experience
Preferred Education: 4-year college degree in computer science or related field with advanced study preferred.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of one or more database systems and is capable of hands-on work in all phases of database design and management.
- Four (4) years of experience in designing data model and architecture to support high performance, high availability data analytic functions for relational (structured), unstructured, and spatial data sets.
- Determines data structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, programming, reporting, analytics and informatics; reviewing objectives with clients; and evaluating systems.
- Develops reliable and scalable database solutions through designing and implementing proposed system
- Defines database physical structure, functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Produces data flow diagrams and flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; and documents actions.
- Participates in the identification, prioritization, and development of technical initiatives and strategies.
- Works with database analysts to develop methodologies, report views, queries, analytical cubes, and table replications
- Performs systems analysis on database, and resolves performance, capacity, and replication issues as necessary.
- Ensures that all data is in the proper format.
- Develops and maintains database standards and naming conventions.
- Keeps up to date on emerging database architectures, technologies, and methodologies, and attends training classes as necessary.
- Understands and knows best practices regarding application of different analytical data solutions such as data warehouse, data lakes, or data marts from the ground up in support of an organization initiative.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Abaka Kartik(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (571) 2812089
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.