Senior JAVA developer
Columbus, OH, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 01/12/2022 07:54 pm
*** Webcam interview *** Long term contract *** Initial remote due to Covid then onsite; must pick up laptop in person
JAVA Expert Programmer
Initially, the JAVA programmers will participate in the following phases of the project:
- Identification and Planning- this is the phase to determine the impact of the various applications and will be paramount to the overall strategy. The BA will be responsible for meeting and documenting business needs and requests in relation to this project. The JAVA developers will be positioned to translate such into technical requirements.
Eventually, the JAVA developers may participate in any/all of the migration phases.
- Rewrite Some legacy applications will not be portable to the new development platform. These must be re-written by the team. The JAVA developers will drive the development phase for each of the rewrites.
- Integrate w/ New PIT Some legacy applications can be migrated to the new development platform. Although the lift and shift effort may be simple in some cases, the integration points must be considered. These migrated apps will need to be adapted to a new backend system (aka New PIT) by these JAVA developers.
- Remove MF dependency Still other applications are not currently integrated with the legacy PIT system. However, there are components in place that are hosted by, connected to, or integrated with the mainframe is some way. These components must be migrated off of the mainframe as well.
During the discovery phase of the project the new platform for these legacy applications will be determined and the associated IDE will be established. It is likely that the technologies will be same/similar to the environment for the portfolio of current legacy apps. With this in mind we seek developers with skills in the same areas:
- 8 years experience
- 5 years of experience with IDE: RAD 7.5 and above or Eclipse
- 5 years of Java: JEE 5 and above, Java EE Batch Architecture, Spring Framework, Java EE Design Patterns
- 5 years of Spring Framework: MVC model and Batch architecture
- 5 years of Messaging: Asynchronous Messaging, JMS/MQ
- 5 years of Web Framework: JSF 2.0 Framework
- 5 years of Persistence: JPA/Java Persistence API 2.0, EJB 3.0
- 5 years of Web Services: JAX-WS Web Services, XML, JAXB
- 5 years of Other: XPath, UML, Object Modeling, Batch Scheduler, Performance tuning of Web Services/SQL and Application code.
- 5 years of experience clarifying systems and programs intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine any system changes
- Extensive experience with Agile/Scrum based development approaches.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Nagineni Krishna Sai(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (703) 5742066
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.