Tallahassee, FL, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 11/24/2021 03:58 pm
*** Long term contract; initial PO for 1 year but usually goes for 4-5 years **** 3 verfiable references required ****
team is in the process of converting applications, and reports, from Classic ASP to PHP.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
Required Tasks to be Performed:
- Research existing Classic ASP application code to derive existing requirements and functionality
- Make recommendations towards code reuse and/or the development of new code
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications per specifications.
- Perform thorough regression testing on PHP applications, to ensure that the rewritten applications successfully capture the same business needs as the previous application
- Communicate and coordinate effectively, with the AMS team members, and program area customers, to ensure a quality product
- Provide maintenance, enhancement, and support for a variety of the agencys business applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Work with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- 7+ years experience with PHP application development, leveraging MVC frameworks (preferably CodeIgniter, which is AMSs PHP framework standard)
- 3+ years experience with Oracle databases, possessing the capability to develop DML and DDL statements to produce very complex queries and PL/SQL database objects, including both DML and DDL
- 3+ years experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- Experience using code repositories, preferably Git
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of relational database designs
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Experience developing Classic ASP applications and reports
- Oracle certification(s)
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
- Experience with Virtualization, preferably Docker
- Experience implementing GIS (Geographic Information System) applications
- Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Abaka Kartik(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (571) 2812089
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.