Z/OS DB2 DBA
Columbus, OH, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 11/19/2021 04:23 pm
*** Webcam interview *** Long term contract *** Initial remote due to Covid then onsite; must pick up laptop in person
The senior z/OS DB2 DBA will be required to provide the following support.
- 1. Provide DBA support for z/OS and distributed servers in a multi-datacenter environment.
- 2. Monitor daily activities and performance of complex SQL, analyzes technical problems, recommend adjustments, creates and implements approved solutions using established tools and techniques.
- 3. Provide technical assistance to the application development area and co-workers about DB2 design and programming.
- 4. Plans, and coordinates DB2 releases, migrations, upgrades and maintenance. Make any changes DB2 as needed to support applications.
- 5. Coordinates with the service provider with DB2 configuration changes.
- 6. Develop technical documents, project plans and tasks, interact with customers for proposed solutions.
- 7. Provide non-production and production support for deploying code and assist in trouble shooting and resolving application issues.
- 8. Support DevOp tools, SCLM, as it relates to DB2.
- 9. Any other tasks assigned by the management team based on project/application needs.
- At least seven 7 years experience showing hands on duties with minimum supported version DB2 v11 or higher in a multi-tier, multi-platform large (multiple LPARS).
- 7 years experience and knowledge in supporting applications following system development life cycle.
- Minimum 5 years experience in database performance tuning and application SQL tuning in DB2.
- Minimum 5 years experience in generating database performance metrics on database usage and availability.
- Minimum 5 years experience in data modeling and application database design.
- Available 24x7 for after hours support.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Gowtham Reddy(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (205) 5983015
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.