Data Manager - Remote
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 10/13/2021 08:08 pm
*** Very long term project; Long term - usually goes for 3+ years***Webcam interview; initial remote due to covid then onsite *** 37.5 hours per week ***
The contractor will be permitted to work from home, but office space for the contractor will be provided as needed. Candidate must pick up laptop in person at Harrisburg PA
- Create and implement strategies for achieving cutting edge, advanced data analytics and visualization capabilities.
- Manage the data governance process, including implementation of strategies for effective standards, practices, and procedures throughout the agency.
- Ensure interoperability or data linking of multiple health data systems is sufficient for conducting performance measurement, program evaluation or population surveillance.
- Serve as liaison to other agencies to facilitate interagency data linkages.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for federal grants related to data modernization, develop and manage budgets and work plans as required.
- Review the impact of the agency IT infrastructure on data accessibility and coordinate with IT management to reduce barriers that inhibit data accessibility
- Work closely with the Project Management Office to ensure the department's data strategy and integration goals are achieved utilizing lean and agile practices
The contractor will be required to:
- Work with program areas to identify relevant data gaps for evaluation and evidence needs.
- Examine data needs within and across programs and identify areas for integration and means of improving efficiency.
- Identify proper points of contact roles and responsibilities related to implementation of agencywide open data policies.
- Discuss and obtain agreements from programs on business rules for data collection and exchange.
- Help eliminate data territorialism across the agencys program offices.
- Achieve alignment between epidemiologists statisticians and program areas on the agencys data strategy.
- Identify and streamline appropriate access to the agencys data assets.
- Develop and update data inventories with appropriate descriptive information about the datasets.
- Coordinate access to agency data, including defining tiered access or other restrictions that may be needed to protect against the risk of re identification within the agency or from external users.
- Identify data partners and develop policies and procedures around public health data sharing and interoperability.
- Provide input to IT management on agency wide data accessibility standards and requirements to be applied to all IT systems and procurements.
- Provide input to the IT management to identify procure and sustain appropriate systems and analytical tools for the agency.
- 7 years of Enterprise Data Management
- 7 years of Experience managing the Data Governance process throughout an organization
- 4 years of Bachelors Degree in one of the fields listed below or a closely related field.
- 4 years of Health Informatics Public Health Science Epidemiology Public Policy Health Policy Health Services Research Health Information Sci Comp Science
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Gowtham Reddy(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (205) 5983015
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.