Lead UI/UX Developer.
Lansing, MI, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 09/13/2021 03:33 pm
*** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year and usually the project goes for 3-5 years with this customer *** Customer works on hybrid model due to covid; it will be 2 days per week onsite ***
The UI/UX specialist is responsible for assisting management to establish processes, procedures, and best design practices for our design team. This position will function as a mentor to less senior staff, act as the liaison between DTMB Agency Services, MDOT, and the e-Michigan, Center for Shared Solutions. The resource will train new designers and conduct peer reviews on all projects to ensure the State of Michigan standards are followed along with adhering to the WorldWide Web Consortiums Web Accessibility guidelines. The resource will also be assigned as the UI/UX developer for individual projects and be responsible tolead the overall application look and feel as well as designing, communicating, and executing all user interface screens for each business requirement. The UI/UX Analyst directs the overall user experience for interacting with the delivered product. This role works closely with the Business Analyst and Technical Lead in the delivery of solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Applies User Interface (UI) Design expertise on high visibility enterprise wide, web based, and mobile applications.
- Serves as liaison to escalate project related issues identified by designers to the Agency PMO, Project Managers and IT Managers.
- Reviews, and provides input and guidance to the design team on their wireframes.
- Establishes best practices and standards for wireframing in accordance with SOM guidelines and World Wide Web Consortium.
- Works with management on research and justification for new tools.
- Works directly with project team including business analysts, business owners, solution architects, tech leads, developers, and QA to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, scalability, and usability of the IT solution.
- Works in conjunction with the Business Analyst to examine existing business processes and systems to develop a full representation of the systems interface design and usability by the business.
- Participates in all requirement gathering meetings, Joint Application Modeling (JAM) sessions, and/or brainstorm sessions with business owners to identify product usability concerns and desires.
- Examine and analyze current user(s) flow and process, pain points, and desires from a usability and visual standpoint to deliver proper solutions.
- Leads the overall visual design and usability of the product. Provides expertise and leads the project team through applicable design patterns, screen layout decisions, and usability testing.
- Serves as an advocate for the end user of the product, consistently working to improve the overall design and usability of the delivered product, as the budget allows.
- Creates sketches, wireframes, and mockups of user interface screens according to the requirements/user stories that adhere to SOM Look & Feel Standards as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Creates high-fidelity functioning prototypes when applicable/feasible.
- Reviews wireframes with the Business Analyst for business requirements and with Technical Lead for technical feasibility before presenting wireframe solutions to the business.
- Provides guidance to the development team regarding UI/UX best practices, established coding standards, and ADA vulnerability remediation.
- Ensures conformance to the State of Michigan (SOM) Look & Feel Standards.
- Performs usability testing to ensure conformance with UI/UX best practices.
- Performs accessibility testing to ensure conformance to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Creates and facilitates usability tests with the intended users of the product and iterates screen designs accordingly.
- Actively advises developers on accessibility requirements and vulnerability remediation.
- Serve as liaison to DTMB Center for Shared Solutions (CSS) eMichigan team
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in a UX design related field such, Graphic Design, Art, Human-Computer Interaction, UX and Product Design, etc. This must be submitted with the original application and must be a transcript. Certificates will not be accepted.
- 12 years of Experience in designing and performing usability testing, including testing UI for ADA compliance.
- 12 years of Proven UI/UX experience with increasing complexity. Candidate must submit portfolio with application submittal.
- 12 years of Demonstrable UI/UX visual design skills with a strong portfolio, skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction Portfolio must be submitted with application.
- 12 years of Solid experience in creating wireframes that meet accessibility and usability standards.
- 10 years of Proficiency in visual design and wire-framing tools (Axure, Adobe XD,Figman, Invision, Sketch etc.).
- Minimum 3 years of Proficient knowledge and experience with the World Wide Web Consortium recommendations for web accessibility.
- Minimum 3 years of Knowledge and experience testing applications to identify ADA, World Wide Web Consortium (W3) recommendations, and UI development errors.
- 5 years of Experience working on Agile project teams
- 5 years of Experience with front end frameworks is a plus
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Ragadeep Gattipally(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (510) 4086890
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.