ETL Developer with Mainframe, Cognos
Columbus, OH, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 09/13/2021 02:45 pm
*** Webcam interview *** Long term contract *** Initial remote due to Covid then onsite; must pick up laptop in person *** must relocate to Columbus OH if not local ***
Candidate will function as an ETL Specialist (Extract Transform Load) as part of a 6 person
Data Warehouse System application team, and be responsible for the development and
Support of the current Data Warehouse System utilizing COBOL, DB2 and a variety of
Other tools and skill-sets.
Candidate will also perform ETL functions to assist in the ongoing
Migration to BWCs new COG NOS based Enterprise Data Warehouse System utilizing
PENTAHO and/or other ETL toots with ORACLE.
Skills/Products needed for this role:
COBOL, JCL, SAS, VSAM, DB2, ORACLE, PENT AHO, COGNOS 10 REPORT
STUDIO, COGNOS 10 FRAMEWORK MANAGER, FILE MANAGER, SPUFI, OMF, CICS
Explorer, ERWIN, FAULT ANALYSER, SOL DEVELOPER, SOL LOADER utility, IBM/BMC
Utility, ORACLE EPM
Daily Tasks/Roles expected from this consultant:
- Provide extensive programming support in COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM and SAS and implement many complex projects using excellent MVS debugging skills.
- Strong Data Warehouse Business Knowledge with extensive programming in ETL concepts.
- WII work on ETL tool. Pentaho preferred
- Supply technical knowledge in Oracle EPM (Hyperion) BI tool.
- Supply technical knowledge of COGNOS 10 Report Studio BI tool and capable of creating reports.
- Supply technical knowledge of COGNOS 10 Framework Manager and work on Framework
- Manager modeling as required.
- Work on requirement gathering, analysis, application design, and development, testing, training, and mentoring team members.
- Work in complete Software Development life cycle and conversant with Software Engineering concepts and
- Quality standards.
- To work on DB2 to Oracle conversion projects.
- To work on VSAM conversion projects.
- To work using Oracle SQL Loader utility & SQL Developer.
- Analyze change management that would impact existing system.
- To work on open-source evaluation of ETL tools.
- Research, analyze and write detail design, program specifications, test plan and test cases documents. Conduct walk-throughs with staff from different applications teams.
- Analyze requirements independently and determine changes to be made in existing source code.
- Actively involved in quality assurance (QA) procedures and prepare unit test procedures and unit test inspection reports and review other team members documents.
- Modify existing source code to include required changes.
- Develop batch programs using DB2 and COBOL.
- Setup JCL for testing and develop new JCL,
- Test DB2 data with SPUFI, FILE-Manager and Query Management Facility (QMF) utilities.
- Loading of data and batch cycles.
- Knowledge CA-7/CA-11 scheduler.
- Production on-call support and maintenance, 24, Create JCL 10 load and un-load DB2 tables using IBM/BMC utilities.
- involved in the rigorous testing of the batch programs.
- Modify existing interfaces to work efficiently with new changes and new programs.
- involved in peer review process of the entire project.
- Write batch programs to extract changed/updated records into separate reports and files.
- Analyze current DB2 system programs and modify to improve efficiency.
- Create SPUFI based on the impact of other source systems.
- identify data quality issues, assess their impact, and make necessary adjustments to programs.
- Utilize CICS Explorer for testing batch programs.
- Data Warehouse Business Knowledge with extensive programming in ETL concepts.
- technical knowledge in Oracle EPM (Hyperion) BI tool.
- technical knowledge of COGNOS 10 Report Studio BI tool and capable of creating reports.
- technical knowledge of COGNOS 10 Framework Manager and work on Framework
- Public Sector Experience.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Gowtham Reddy(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (205) 5983015
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.