Junior Data Analyst
Raleigh, NC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 09/13/2021 02:26 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year, expect to go for 4+ years *** Remote during covid then onsite ***The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment
The Senior Business / Data Analyst will provide analysis leadership on several complex data analysis projects with diverse scopes across the DEQ enterprise. The DEQ enterprise is a complex and multi-platform data environment. Your objective will be to assist a wide variety of DEQ program managers and environmental engineers to understand, identify, and document the critical data they collect and manage. In addition, you will provide the insight to other data analysts, data architect, and application developers to create an enterprise data model that meets the business and technical requirements. This enterprise data model will serve as the foundation for modern DEQ solutions.
- 3 years of
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) with a focus on data analysis, data structu
- Proven track record of solving real world problems using data. Excellent critical thinking skills is a must have for this role.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and experience collaborating and influencing across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and technology illustrations.
- Understanding of different database platforms: Oracle, SQL Server (On-Prem / Azure), DB2, and MS Access.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing and data mining.
- Understanding of modeling strategies (dimensional, snowflake, relational, unstructured).
- Experience designing and delivering data mapping specifications for large reporting platforms. Writing and maintaining business rules using SQL logic
- Demonstrated experience in writing ad-hoc SQL statements
- Proven experience with ERD/Data Modelling tools (Toad or others).
- Experience in executing projects in an Agile / Hybrid environment
- Experience with MS Dynamics Dataverse is a plus.
- Ability to challenge the legacy design and seek opportunities to design better models and better code.
- Demonstrated technical ability in learning new technologies and adapting to frequent changes in the technical environment
- Experience with data reporting tools (Power BI, others)
- Experience migrating data from various legacy platforms
- Experience conceptualizing and visualizing data structures before they are drawn.
- Ability to look at data in various formats, organize data for the agency to meet the needs of unique program areas and enable the programs to effect
- Strong interest in playing a technical data steward role across our business and technology partners to understand and detail our data, appropriate
- Public sector experience, local
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is SriRam Chimata(Krishna Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 7384242
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.