Public Health Data Modernization Consultant
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 09/10/2021 03:23 pm
*** Very long term project; Long term - usually goes for 3+ years***Webcam interview; Remote project *** 37.5 hours per week ***
OBJECTIVES OF ENGAGEMENT
The primary objective of this engagement is for the selected candidate to serve as the Manager/Director for Public Health Data Modernization. This role reports to the Deputy Secretary for Health Resources and Services at the Pennsylvania Department of Health with a strong partnership with IT and serves as the lead on promoting an integrated and readily accessible data ecosystem.
- Create and implement strategies for achieving cutting-edge, advanced data analytics and visualization capabilities.
- Manage the data governance process, including implementation of strategies for effective standards, practices, and procedures throughout the agency.
- Ensure interoperability and/or data linking of multiple health data systems is sufficient for conducting performance measurement, program evaluation or population surveillance.
- Serve as liaison to other agencies to facilitate interagency data linkages.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for federal grants related to data modernization, develop and manage budgets and work plans as required.
- Review the impact of the agencys IT infrastructure on data accessibility and coordinate with IT management to reduce barriers that inhibit data accessibility
- Work closely with the Project Management Office to ensure the departments data strategy and integration goals are achieved utilizing lean and agile practices
The selected contractor must demonstrate effective for leadership for data modernization, data governance, data interoperability & integration and data security.
The contractor will be required to:
- Work with program areas to identify relevant data gaps for evaluation and evidence needs.
- Examine data needs within and across programs and identify areas for integration and means of improving efficiency.
- Identify proper points of contact, roles, and responsibilities related to implementation of agency-wide open data policies.
- Discuss and obtain agreements from programs on business rules for data collection and exchange.
- Help eliminate data territorialism across the agencys program offices.
- Achieve alignment between epidemiologists, statisticians, and program areas on the agencys data strategy.
- Identify and streamline appropriate access to the agencys data assets.
- Develop and update data inventories with appropriate descriptive information about the datasets.
- Coordinate access to agency data, including defining tiered access or other restrictions that may be needed to protect against the risk of re-identification within the agency or from external users.
- Identify data partners and develop policies and procedures around public health data sharing and interoperability.
- Provide input to IT management on agency-wide data accessibility standards and requirements to be applied to all IT systems and procurements.
- Provide input to the IT management to identify, procure, and sustain appropriate systems and analytical tools for the agency.
CONTRACTOR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a high degree of skill, leadership, ability to take initiative, and dedication. In addition to the 15 years related experience, this position requires a Bachelors in Health Informatics, Public Health, Science, Epidemiology, Public Policy, Health Policy, Health Services Research, Health Information Sciences, Computer Science, or a closely related field and 7+ years of experience with enterprise data management
Experience setting up an enterprise wide data governance structure, knowledge of data lakes and data maturity models preferred. Familiarity and experience with programs relative to health and human services is considered helpful.
- 7 years of Enterprise Data Management experience
- 7 years of Experience managing the Data Governance process throughout an organization
- 4 years of Bachelors Degree in one of the fields listed below or a closely related field.
- 4 years of Health Informatics, Public Health, Science, Epidemiology, Public Policy, Health Policy, Health Services Research, Health Information Sci, Comp Science
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Raghu
His/her contact number is +(1) ()
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.