MySQL DBA - w2 only - 75% Remote
Clemson, SC, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 Only
Position created on 07/20/2021 03:40 pm
*** no c2c ***Full time with benefits (https://msysinc.com/benefits/) or long term hourly contract *** W2 only; 75% remote
- Advising development and product teams on best approaches for required data model extensions and/or changes.
- Hands-on MySQL development and application support in ways that are consistent with MySQL best practices.
- Collaboration with database administration team to maintain test, staging, production databases and the development of operations procedures for database management.
- Developing and executing a data migration plan as needed to accommodate data transfers from existing data stores.
- Coordinating with outside entities, including vendors for other systems/services, providers, professional associations, and other State agencies.
- Analyze performance data, recommend courses of action and implement best solutions to achieve optimum performance.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interview : Skype/Phone.
- 6 years experience
- • Proven MySQL DBA experience in supporting enterprise applications in Linux environments, preferably Redhat or Oracle Linux.
- • Experience with MySQL cluster
- • Understanding of IT development and implementation projects.
- • Understanding of database scalability and operations.
- • Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation.
- • Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to project management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
- • Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
- • Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
- • Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is desirable, but not required.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Abaka Kartik(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (571) 2812089
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.