Cisco Network Engineer with CCNA/CCNP
San Carlos, CA, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 07/16/2021 05:29 am
*** Webcam interview; long term project; multiyear extensions ***
- Provide operational support of District IT Networks
- Deploy, configure, maintain and monitor network equipment: switches, routers, network appliances, firewalls, network interface cards, end-user ports, and print sharing devices.
- Administer network infrastructure services such as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Directory Name Service (DNS), Monitoring tools, VLAN configuration, and network routing tables.
- Ensure the security and availability of the network infrastructure by monitoring network tools, firewalls, and the intrusion detection system. Respond to outages and threats as needed.
- Monitor and report on network performance metrics, identifying when circuits and hardware are operating near maximum capacity.
- Be available for offsite assistance for network related work.
- 5 years experience
- At least 2 or more years of solid experience in deploying, configuring and administering network infrastructure including LAN/WAN, VPN, VOIP and wireless technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems such as Cisco IOS, PAN-OS, and network devices routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and related technology.
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols such as TCP/IP and routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Works well independently and collaboratively.
- Able to travel to local sites and be available for on-call rotation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Professional certification such as CCNA/CCNP
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Hima Teja(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 6290353
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.