Psychiatric Insurance Coder - Remote - Part time
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 05/18/2021 08:41 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Remote project *** 20 hours per week ***
Part time (20 hours/week) Psychiatric Insurance Coder - Assigns Diagnosis Codes using the most current HIPAA approved code set (ICD-10) and CPT procedure codes in compliance with CMS Official Coding Guidelines.
POSITION IS A PART-TIME (20 hours/week) POSITION. Work will be done remotely though they would prefer someone in the same time zone (Eastern Time) for ease of work hours matching those worked by the State.
Overview: Psychiatric Insurance Coder:
Assigns Diagnosis Codes using the most current HIPAA approved code set (ICD-10) and CPT procedure codes in compliance with CMS Official Coding Guidelines. Utilizing MyAvatar analyzes and interprets medical documentation to code inpatient daily note updates to the highest level of specificity as required by CMS and Prospective Payment System (PPS). Codes and enters charges for physician and ancillary services such as labs, radiology, and electroconvulsive therapy.
Specific Job Requirements
- Admission Codes – code based on the psychiatric evaluation and physical and enter admission ICD-10 codes (on admission and updated as necessary)
- Immunization Codes – print an Avatar report and enter appropriate CPT immunization codes (as required)
- Daily Professional Fee Updates – review electronic health record, all clinical notes, etc..
- Daily Admission Profile Update – update the daily admission profile based on the results of coding Daily Professional Fees.
- License/Certification: CCA (Certified Coding Assistants) or CCS (Certified Coding Specialist)
- Coding credentials must be kept current through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Ability to use 3-M Grouper (or other grouper/encoder)
- Knowledge of Inpatient Acute Psychiatric Prospective Payment System, appropriate CPT Codes, and ICD-10 Codes.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, State, and Federal guidelines for release of protected health information is required.
- At least 3 years of Professional Coding Experience
- Experience using MyAvatar
- Knowledge of outpatient coding
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Abaka Kartik(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (571) 2812089
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.