Policy & Procedure Writer Journeyman
Washington, DC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or 1099 Only
Position created on 04/07/2021 03:38 pm
**** W2 or 1099 Only - No c2c ***webcam interview *****Very long term project; initial PO till 5/2022 with multi year extensions *** Initial remote due to covid then onsite; must be able to pick up laptop in person
Seeking a policy & procedure writer with 6-10 years of experience. Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Interviews subject matter experts, observes work processes, and communicates with business leaders and staff to research and analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure, and forms documentation.
- Performs regulatory compliance/agency research and analyses, and writes policies and procedures documentation, in accordance with the agency Customer Service goals.
- Develops Policies, Procedures, and Forms Documentation, in accordance with Agency documentation development standards.
- Prepares, packages, and presents draft documentation to management, compliance/risk, subject matter experts, and appropriate lines of business for review and publication approval.
- Acts as a project leader in all phases of project execution and implementation, and ensures all related objectives are fulfilled for each project. Conducts and attends all relevant meetings associated with job function and completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Develops policies and procedures publications communications, including change summaries. Assists the Risk departments with documentation discovery research/delivery requests for internal audits. Performs all related policy and procedures publication functions, as required. Performs all related department administrative functions, as required.
- Maintains cohesive working relationships with all levels of management, line of business personnel, and team to effectively interface on all projects and deliverables. Travels to perform on-site functional policies and procedures analysis for documentation development purposes, as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and writing experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Customer Service industry.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience writing/formulating policy and procedure documentation in the customer service industry.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policy, procedure, and forms documentation.
- Demonstrated experience performing customer service compliance research and analysis, using industry standard tools, and the ability to develop comprehensive policy and procedure documentation.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and process mapping skills, with knowledge of and experience in the application of policy and procedures standards and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Advanced computer software proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software applications, such as Visio and Adobe Acrobat Pro, used in performance of job duties.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of large scope or impact, and create presentations associated with job duties.
- Ability to understand complex problems, and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Effective decision-making skills, sound judgement, and strong technical aptitude.
- Strong organization and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on large and small projects, with changing priorities.
- Strong self-starter and self-motivator, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work with general supervision, while performing job duties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Team oriented.
- 7 years of Convert existing policy documents to new formats.
- 7 years of Manage requirements to effectively indoctrinate standard operating procedures (SOPs), concept of operations, project management plans, and other guida
- 7 years of Support the development of plans and procedural documentation in support of executing decisions by preparing, revising, and delivering documents addre
- 7 years of Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, polices, standard operating procedures (SOPs), brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.