Project Coordinator with government experience
Des Moines, IA, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or c2c
Position created on 04/07/2021 05:12 am
*** Very long term project; Initial PO till for 1 year - expect to go for 3+ years *** Initial remote due to covid then onsite; candidate must pick up the laptop in person before remote work ***
**Full time with benefits or hourly contract position*** Need 3 verifiable references with resume
The ability to multitask on continually changing and morphing priorities prescribed by leadership in response to the department and legislative direction is essential for this position. The project coordinator will be responsible for small project tracking, working with internal and external departments and individuals to expedite and coordinate small project efforts. Logistical organization and drive to complete tasks are required and imperative in this role. The role requires someone with excellent time management skills, the ability to understand and work with State Fiscal Accounting personnel, business unit sponsors/owners, and project team members (Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Quality Assurance Testers, Enterprise Architects, for example), as well as external vendors.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates, and reporting)
- Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and work with business and IT teams.
- Ability to work effectively under broad direction with general supervision
- Ability to motivate the team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items sequenced appropriately
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple parallel work efforts
- Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to the project/management team. Escalate issues to management and appropriate leadership as appropriate.
- Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project, and program management
- Additional duties or tasks assigned by management.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive timelines
- Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates, and reporting).
- Experience planning, managing, and tracking multiple projects while working autonomously or in a team environment.
- Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts to interpret, document, and formalize procedures
- Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business users and vendors
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to drive leadership requests through to fruition, working with various professional areas and external partners, including OCIO and DAS
- State / Federal Government Appropriations Experience
- Contract Experience ability to manage technology contracts
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Ragadeep Gattipally(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (510) 4086890
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.