Medicaid Project Manager
Raleigh, NC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 04/01/2021 05:37 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year, expect to go for 4+ years *** Remote during covid then onsite; candidate must pickup laptop in person for remote work.
- Leads and direct cross-functional activities that provide effective oversight of Medicaid Programs.
- Manages direct and hybrid reporting relationships and staff, sets priorities, establishes accountabilities, and defines roles/responsibilities to secure necessary resources not under direct supervision, while maintaining peak levels of performance and compliance.
- Collaborates and develops workgroups around product deliverables with Product Owners, Business Leads, Technical Leads and Management.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of products across functions and business segments in healthcare that meet departmental goals.
- Directing the conception, development and implementation of new product initiatives, including current product enhancements.
- Provides feedback and input to senior level decision-makers to develop long-range strategic alternatives for product solutions.
- Communicate project goals and timelines, next steps and results to team members, project managers and the executive team.
- Through a variety of communication/meeting methods, determines the customers needs, leads product discovery and translates these into detailed and actionable requirements for the MES PMU.
- Able to assess emerging products and partners to measure and address their potential value or risk to the department, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Provide in-person, conference calls, or virtual trainings on product knowledge, usage and implementation.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate survey data, define successful criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Fluently discuss the financial and/or operational benefits associated with proposed product capabilities.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the product lifecycle from conception through implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In addition the IT Product Manager (ITPDM) is responsible for the successful development of IT systems in support of the Medicaid program. The ITPDM will expressly engage with the business owners to develop the strategy behind how each MES module will support the business requirements definition and will own the translation and specification of all functional requirements. The ITPDM will work integrally with MES IT Program Managers and the MES Systems Integrator to manage the launch of features and systems. The ITPDM will evaluate and analyze work done by Medicaid SMEs, Business and Technical Leads, Data Leads, Engineers, and Architects to ensure the business requested capability, implemented design, and delivered functionality is successful and useful to the stakeholders. Medicaid/Health Care and or Managed Care experience is highly desired and will be preferred.
- 7 years experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT Systems, system integration principles, and associated change management best practices.
- Has an understanding of CMS Seven Standards and Conditions and the Medicaid program
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, function in a fast-paced moving constantly changing, deadline driven environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe software
- Skills in persuasion, negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution, and effective oral and written communication at all levels
- Proven track record of launching successful user-focused products preferably in the enterprise, analytics or healthcare space.
- Previous experience creating business use cases, requirements, and process maps/data flows.
- Experience working in a combination of business analysis, product management, project management and/or software application development.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail with specific experience developing, editing, and presenting summaries, reports, and complex in
- Proven experience and working knowledge of agile development methodologies, environment and tools.
- Experience using or implementing Cloud technologies IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Experience handling HIPAA and PII data.
- 7+ years of experience in product management in a healthcare or government setting
- Managed Care knowledge or experience -Highly desired
- MITA knowledge or experience Highly desired
- strong medicaid
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.