Fayetteville, NC, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 04/01/2021 05:26 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year, expect to go for 4+ years *** Onsite
Essential Duties- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist end-users in the proper use of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment within the established standards and guidelines.
- Assist and prepare room layout and replacement/setup of computer classrooms and open IT labs.
- Install computer hardware and software; link peripheral equipment and test configuration.
- Analyze research and provide solutions to faculty and staff requests for information technology needs.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems as they relate to data communications, computers, printers and peripherals utilizing diagnostic software and logical troubleshooting procedures.
- Work with MIS staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems and requests received from end-users.
- Perform major computer repairs as they relate to operating system platforms, hardware installation and upgrades.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance of computer hardware.
- Download software patches and other appropriate hardware from the Internet, test and install as necessary.
- Provide help desk support as well as perform day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computers and peripherals.
- Coordinate vendor support between the College and manufacturer representatives for hardware and software information for computer systems; maintain information about equipment and installation; identify software users and recommend packages or other approaches as assigned.
- Accept responsibility for any tools issued by the College to perform daily job functions, as required (e.g. iPads, laptops, etc.).
- Maintain inventory of computer hardware, software, and supplies.
- Compile and prepare job-related reports and documentation, as required.
- Write basic computer code and report generation programs, as required.
- Test and evaluate new computer hardware and software for campus use.
- Attend workshops, conferences and meetings related to assigned area(s) of responsibilities.
- Provide training to end-users in the proper operation of computer equipment and applications.
- Frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and walk.
- Occasionally required to climb stairs.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms...
- Hear Audible equipment indicators and verbal communications in the environment.
- Must see with sufficient close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception; and focus adjustment to differentiate light/color intensity and evaluation perceivable changes in the environment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of
- Posses superb problem-solving skills and have skills and have experience troubleshooting computers, peripherals, and software applications.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Read, understand, and interpret hardware and software manuals and apply such information as appropriate.
- Work independently or as part of a team if needed to resolve problems.
- Recognize, research, and diagnose hardware and software problems and repair when possible.
- Provide training in the use of computer, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Safely operate and care for tools, equipment, and materials used in the diagnosis and installation of computers and peripherals.
- Demonstrated expertise in Windows 10
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Provide assistance and instruction to faculty and staff on technical matters appropriate to assigned area.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Sundeep Kiran
His/her contact number is +(1) (703) 4684697
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.