Cloud Architect - w2 or 1099
Washington, DC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or 1099 Only
Position created on 02/18/2021 05:30 am
**** W2 or 1099 Only - No c2c ***webcam interview *****Very long term project; initial PO till 9/30/2021 with multi year extensions *** Initial remote due to covid then onsite; must be able to pick up laptop in person
- The candidate designs and implements enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing;
- Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications.
- The candidate will lead highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments, data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications desired.
- Participates in all projects and activities associated with the installing, configuring, testing and upgrading of servers, hardware components and software associated with the DCAS cloud environment; takes appropriate actions, as required, to ensure program requirements are achieved.
- The candidate will be required to provides support to customers and users with regards to system access and network services and to conduct studies of DCAS in order to identify the need to upgrade or enhance network component capabilities in response to network problems and deficiencies.
- The candidate will plan, design, develop and integrate network systems consistent with existing or planned networks and DCAS business requirements, and respond to trouble calls and issues involving hardware, operating system software and network problem.
- 16 years experience
- BS Degree or 4 years additional experience
- 8 years Knowledge of system dev. in cloud environments,including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (laas)
- Proven experience in migration of on-premise system to one of a major cloud provide (AWS, AZURE, Oracle).
- Expert knowledge of IT principles, methods and practices of network systems.
- Expert knowledge of IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Expert knowledge of network architecture principles and concepts, topology and protocols
- Ability to think strategically about bus., product, and tech. challenges w/ability to implement cloud services in a variety of dist. computing environ
- In depth knowledge of configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Expert knowledge of integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Proven ability to provide senior level customer service support within a network environment
- Broad and proven knowledge and skill in locating and presenting the results of information searches in an accurate and understandable manner and...
- Proven experience presenting data to decision makers with substantive material for recommendations, determinations and/or solutions
- Excellent verbal&written skills are req. to present analyses, conclusions and recommendations to a wide range of staff at varying levels
- Proven knowledge of the MS Office suite and other related tools as required
- Proven knowledge of Oracle SOA 12c and 11g stack
- Ability to lead and/or drive teams aligned to workstream technical sprints
- Ability to supervise/guide less senior team-members.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.