San Carlos, CA, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 01/14/2021 07:53 am
*** Webcam interview; long term project; initial PO for 6 months with multiyear extensions ***
- Install, configure, upgrade, administer and maintain Windows server systems, VMware infrastructure components, and associated data center hardware and software infrastructure.
- Ensure that all servers conform to standard system configurations, and that all appropriate documentation, system images are up to date, ensure initiation of system backups and verification, periodically mentor, and assist desktop team.
- Apply security patches and updates to improve server efficiency, reliability, and security.
- Work with internal stakeholders on existing IT systems, upgrades, and integrations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Works well independently or in a team setting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services.
- Experience with Windows Servers 2019/2016/2012 GUI and Core systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 a plus.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Experience with vCenter Server administration and configuration.
- Experience with Red Hat/Ubuntu Linux administration a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting application issues related to database connectivity.
- Experience with Hyperconverged Technology such as Nutanix/VxRail a plus.
- Experience with Backup application such as Commvault and Veem a plus.
- Provides third level troubleshooting and support of desktop issues.
- Ability to identify problems and perform root cause analysis to ensure problem is resolved and document the resolution for less senior staff.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to individuals to resolve issues and/or problems.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and adapt to changes in priorities, work assignments, and other interactions.
- Work independently on projects or assignments without close supervision or detailed instruction.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- The job involves carrying boxes up to 50 lbs. and occasional driving of the District vehicles to various remote locations thus requires attending the Defensive Driving class offered
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Ragadeep Gattipally(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (510) 4086890
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.