Agile/Devops Transformation leader
Saint Paul, MN, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 01/12/2021 04:20 pm
*** Very long term project; initial PO for till 6/30/2022 but expect to go for 3-4 years ***Webcam Interview*** Initial remote due to covid then onsite
Help customer with moving its IT operating model to an approach that is product-based and inclusive of Agile and DevOps principles.
- Educate and business executives and transformation team regarding the value of Agile, DevOps, and other necessary practices and processes to support a product-oriented operating model.
- Partner with Organization Change Management resources to ensure successful transformation through engaged and informed leadership and a workforce prepared for change through careful attention to cultural indicators.
- Identify potential pitfalls and risks to successful transformation and potential ways to mitigate them.
- Advise agency leaders regarding engagement and alignment across the organization
- Advise the team and decision makers in the context of the relevant bargaining agreements regarding organizational size and structure, new roles and their ideal placement among business or IT, and fixed versus variable labor. Identify recommendation for individual, group and enterprise training to facilitate the successful adoption of new roles and processes.
- Participate in the revision of project and portfolio reporting to align with Agile, DevOps, and product-oriented practices while still meeting all required reporting standards for state government and recipients of enhanced federal funding.
- Design an approach to determining product taxonomy that reflects the 1) existing level of architectural maturity, 2) complexity of existing policy and IT systems, as well as the 3) current state of the partnership between and the business. The result will be establishment of a clear definition of What is a Product? and a listing of the products within the organization as well as a mapping of technologies to products.
- Define the needed architectural structure to support the transformation across the existing tools, software, and infrastructure components used to deliver software in the organization in a way that will allow the benefits of the transformation to be realized as efficiently as possible
- 10 years experience
- Experience in a leadership role transforming from project to product operating model within an organization of at least 500 people.
- Experience as a leader adopting AGILE and DevOps within a large organization.
- Experience defining product taxonomy, and mapping technologies and people to products for a complex business.
- Deep understanding and ability to explain to both business and technology leaders the strategic drivers and risks of each stage of the transformation and at high level decisions points throughout the transformation.
- Ability to sustain transformation efforts through executive-level leadership transitions that are commonplace in executive government.
- Experience developing, adopting and/or rolling out necessary forms and templates to capture and sufficiently flesh out input/requests/ideas into a product operating model.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Hima Teja(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 6290353
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.