Des Moines, IA, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or c2c
Position created on 11/20/2020 08:15 pm
*** Very long term project; Initial PO till for 1 year - expect to go for 3+ years *** Initial remote due to covid then onsite; candidate must pick up the laptop in person before remote work ***
**Full time with benefits or hourly contract position*** Need 3 verifiable references with resume
This position drives the culture of moving to the AWS cloud and is responsible for generating excitement and trust for the AWS environment. The AWS Engineer in this position is responsible for assisting other IT staff members to develop and meet the functional business requirements. This person is the senior contributor in implementing next-gen technology stacks for the organizations digital transformation. He/She ensures software and systems management integration to achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability. in a current AWS production environment and seeks a senior AWS engineer to take overall responsibility for the AWS infrastructure. The Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect is a hands-on technical position that requires thinking clearly in a highly stressful, fast-paced environment. The expectation is that this person hits the ground running on the first day.
- Architect, implement and maintain solutions that ensure our services availability, capacity, performance, and security, such as auto-scaling, load balancers, gateways, endpoints, forward and reverse proxies, firewalls, traffic inspection, and remote access capabilities.
- Provide expert level design and operational practices for AWS
- Own technical recommendations for critical aspects of our technology operations in areas including Production, deployment process automation, monitoring, and security
- Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks, standards, and overall IT cloud strategy
- Provide training on various cloud security and cloud technologies and mentor other staff on these topics
- Create and maintain build scripts, templates, and other artifacts for the Infrastructure stack
- Support Continuous Integration (CI) and build servers, and ensure adherence to CI principles
- Support the migration of applications to the cloud infrastructure and assist in analyzing, tuning, and re-architecture when necessary to ensure adherence to business requirements.
Technical Competencies Required:
- EC2, including understanding options and requirements, monitoring and detailed monitoring options
- EC2 Snapshots
- EC2 AMI process.
- Understanding of Auto-scaling, including consequences and requirements
- RDS for database, S3, and Glacier for storage and backups.
- Lifecycle management, OS updates
- Elastic Container Registry
- Elastic Container Service
- Kubernetes Service
- Integration with CI/CD
- Dev/test/prod deployment process
- How to USE S3 and other AWS services and resources
- How to use 3rd party mail services Ex. SendGrid
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- CloudTrail (with networking coordination for flow logs)
- Resource Access Manager
- VPCs, Subnets, Internet Gateways
- VPC Flow Logs
- VPN Configuration, setup, and troubleshooting
- Experience with a Software Repository
- Lambda experience
- Software deployment experience
- Integration with CI/CD
- How to MAKE USE OF S3, RDS, and other AWS services and resources
- Secrets Management
- Dev/test/prod deployment process awareness/understanding
- Third-party logging product (Sumo Logic) or ELK Stack preferred
- Control Tower
- AWS Organizations
- Service Catalog
- AWS Single Sign-On
- Account Factory
- CloudChecker setup
- Certificate Management
Non-AWS Skills Requirements:
- Microsoft AD Experience
- QA and operations experience
- 10 years experience
- IT experience with a minimum of 3 years of Senior Level Experience with AWS installation and Cloud Automation tools configuration. 10 YEARS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience with the next generation AWS security stack.
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS to provide highly-available, secure, and reliable services that take advantage of AWSs catalog of pre-existing solutions where possible.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging AWS Identity & Access Management services and the integration of 3rd party solutions with these systems. A thorough understanding of AWS Organizations best practices related to security and governance across multiple accounts is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- Ability to partner with the IT, engineering, and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure cloud architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Partner with Security and Network Engineering to enable global routing across AWS accounts, regions, and physical locations.
- Demonstrated experience conducting reviews and evaluations of new AWS services and service enhancements relevant to our current and future state infrastructure.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Abaka Kartik(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (571) 2812089
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.