San Carlos, CA, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 11/14/2020 03:36 am
*** Webcam interview; long term project; initial PO for6 months with multiyear extensions *** Initial remote due to covid then onsite ***
- Maintain the systems and network for ROCS, PADS, RDS, Positive Train Control (PTC) and future SCADA and TPS, etc.
- Maintain and manage the NMS system Solarwinds, including customizations and asset inventory.
- Maintain and manage virtualized datacenters, including provisioning new hosts and capacity planning with VMware, Linux, and Windows systems.
- Maintain and manage active directory accounts, DNS records, and IP address assignments.
- Support security awareness and remote vendor access toenvironment with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Develop and implement system security protocols.
- Design and maintain cabling in existing facilities; plan and install cabling in new facilities.
- Monitor and report on network performance metrics (including identifying when circuits and hardware are operating near maximum capacity).
- Troubleshoot and debug network-related problems to correct malfunctions and/or other operational difficulties.
- Coordinate with other engineering functions on network systems.
- Address network interface issues that relate to all subsystems integration and interface (i.e, on-board, communications, office train control, and wayside).
- Review and approve the preparation of network configuration engineering designs, drawings, and specifications.
- Identify and resolve network related technical issues.
- Perform project design reviews for regulatory compliance and cost effectiveness.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect yourself, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Engineering.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5 years experience
- Three (3) years of network administration experience in a Linux/UNIX based server environment, including integration of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware and software. Work experience in a Railroad System Engineering environment is highly desirable.
- Must have experience with Bourne Again shell (BASH), Ruby, and Python in a variety of operating system environments including Windows and Linux/Unix;
- Working knowledge with software, computers, operating systems (such as UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft), data communications, information assurance, data security, and networking technologies;
- Working knowledge of software and network protocols, and system integration with Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware and software;
- Experience with messaging protocols such as Red Hat Enterprise (RHE), and Advance Messaging Queuing Protocol (AMQP);
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Must have effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills; and
- Must possess a valid California driver license with a safe driving record. If out of state, must get CA license within 1 month.
- Vmware, Windows, DNS, IP address assignment
- Palo Alto preferred
- SCADA preferred
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Abaka Kartik(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (571) 2812089
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.