Project Manager/Scrum Master - part time
Harrisburg, PA, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 09/14/2020 02:55 pm
*** Very long term project; initial PO till 6/2021 but expected to go for 3+ years ***Part time - 20 hours per week; flexible hours *** Webcam interview; initial remote due to covid then onsite ***
looking for an experienced and motivated project manager. This project manager will lead several projects for bureaus across the Department . Communication, collaboration and management at the most senior level is required.
As our delivery center is a hybrid project management environment, ideal candidates should have strong experience both running projects as a traditional project manager and serving as a scrum master on a scrum team. Knowledge and experience in additional agile frameworks is a plus. This position reports to the business and service management director for the delivery center.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining project control documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies and as needed by the project.
- Developing detailed project plans using project scheduling tools.
- Leading all project plan development activities, including identification of phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules and assignment of resources.
- Motivating project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks.
- Preparing formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
- Monitoring project quality, schedule and budget and facilitate actions to mitigate risk and address issues that arise.
- Facilitating risk and issue management for IT projects by promoting transparency and communication for identified risks.
- Facilitating deliverable and project artifact approval processes for IT projects by tracking all deliverables and project artifacts that require approvals, communicating the need for approvals to the appropriate groups and individuals and tracking approval decisions and following up where need be to ensure approvals are achieved within established timeframes.
- Managing the project change control process for issues that impact the quality, schedule or budget of the project.
- Facilitating project meetings as needed, including scrum events such as retrospectives and reviews.
- Ensuring the upkeep and accuracy of the project in the project portfolio management system (Daptiv) to include project status, health, and timekeeping data.
- Working closely with agency business relationship managers, executive staff, and delivery center management to ensure project success and provide project status.
- Using knowledge of agile practices and frameworks (in particular Scrum and Kanban) to support and serve the agile teams in the delivery center.
- Serving as scrum master for agile development teams.
- Influencing and leading organizational change that positively impacts our agile teams.
- Providing and delivering project reports, presentations, and statuses to all levels of management with the delivery center and our customer agencies.
- Ensuring compliance with SDLC policies and procedures
- Directing, coordinating, and tracking the activities of delivery center staff associated with the project.
- Required: 6+ years full-time experience as a project manager for large and complex information technology projects.
- Required: 2+ years full-time experience serving as a scrum master on a scrum team.
- Required: Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including executive staff.
- Required: Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks.
- PMP or scrum master certification.
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Gowtham Reddy(Krishna Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (205) 5983015
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.