QA Manager/Director with ERP
Raleigh, NC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 07/28/2020 05:14 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year, expect to go for 4+ years *** Remote during covid then onsite; candidate must pickup laptop in person for remote work.
- The State is implementing a statewide ERP financial system. The project is called the Financial Backbone Replacement (FBR) project. The objective of FBR is to deploy financial application capabilities to replace and enhance the functionality currently provided by the Accounting System (NCAS) and the Cash Management Control System (CMCS) accounting systems. The Oracle solution deployed by FBR will serve as the foundation for the State’s further technology system of record processes.
- The selected applicant will serve as the senior testing manager, providing strategic leadership, guidance, and direction as well as end-to-end management and coordination of the ERP Financial Backbone Replacement project solution testing. The candidate must have deep and broad ERP testing experience in order to accurately assess the statewide landscape, collaboratively design and build testing and defect remediation strategies, and successfully implement them in support of a State-wide financial systems infrastructure revitalization.
Duties include but are not limited to lead for the following tasks:
- The development of testing approaches for system integration test and user acceptance test involving participants from the project teams and State agency staff.
- The management of testing processes to include script development, test case assignments, completions, and defect tracking and remediation efforts.
- Contribute as part of the FBR Project team as follows:
- Provide guidance and training to project participants regarding testing processes and procedures.
- Work closely with testing teams to assure that testing processes are being followed and questions regarding those processes or tools are answered.
- Assist project teams with the management of overall testing workload and progress according to test completion objectives.
- Define and monitor exit criteria for systems integration test and user acceptance test demonstrating that test objectives were met.
The selected candidate must possess proven experience as follows:
- Experience as a testing lead for a large enterprise-wide ERP system implementation with a span of at least 30 locations and a budget of $80M or greater,
- Knowledge of industry trends in ERP solution testing and the ability to put those trends into practice as part of the FBR testing process,
- Skills in the building of test scenarios and test cases that accurately demonstrate system capability to perform its intended functions,
- Providing guidance to diverse project teams as well as system integrators in pursuit of FBR testing and delivery objectives,
- Experience with leading industry standard software testing tools such as ALM Octane or HP Quality Center,
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage ongoing test logistics and performance, and ability to construct reports describing testing progress
- 10 years Experience managing testing activities supporting an ERP implementation.
- Experience managing and guiding project teams through systems testing processes.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience as a testing lead for large enterprise-wide IT implementations.
- Public sector experience, local
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Karthik Gudaboinya(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (703) 5742066
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.