Junior System/Network Administrator - w2 or 1099
Washington, DC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or 1099 Only
Position created on 07/22/2020 02:25 pm
**** W2 or 1099 Only - No c2c ***webcam interview *****Very long term project; initial PO till 9/30/2020 with multi year extensions *** Initial remote due to covid then onsite; must be able to pick up laptop in person
system administrator to troubleshoot server, desktop and high level system issues.
- 1. The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- 2. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- 3. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to District policies, standards, and guidelines.
- 4. Installs new / rebuild existing servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- 6. Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- 7. Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- 8. Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- 9. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- 10. Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- 11. Provides Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
- 12. Investigates and troubleshoots issues.
- 13. Diagnoses and recovers from hardware or software failures.
- 14. Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies.
- 15. Applies operating system (OS) patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities.
- 16. Configures / adds new services as necessary.
- 17. Upgrades and configures system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- 18. Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- 19. Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- 20. Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- 21. Configures central processing unit (CPU), memory, and disk partitions as required.
- 22. Maintains data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- 2 years experience
- BS Degree or additinonal 4 years experience
- 1-5 yrs installing and configuring system hardware/software in an enterprise environment
- 1-5 yrs installing operating system (OS) patches and upgrades
- 1-5 yrs monitoring networks to ensure security and availability
- 1-5 yrs performing daily backups
- 1-5 yrs troubleshooting server and other hardware issues
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.