New York, NY, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 03/23/2020 07:00 pm
- Manages a variety of technical tasks as part of designing the infrastructure in existing schools and provides technical support for both current and future needs.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system and business requirements into design documents and drawings.
- Produces highly technical client-oriented design documents to illustrate solution strategy and deployment plans.
- Surveys market landscape for current trends, directions and methods to improve and enhance existing network, server, storage, and end-point infrastructure.
- Develops, organizes and performs extensive testing scenarios for various solutions.
- Validates hardware needed and assures that the specifications in the core network and school designs meet standards and organizational goals.
- Participates in ongoing design and engineering efforts to expand Department of Education (DOE) applications and systems to cloud infrastructure.
- Serves as the in-house expert and authority in troubleshooting complex network infrastructure technologies (Cisco, F5).
- Works on development of Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) standards and configurations.
- Collaborates with Project Managers during the deployment phase of the project. This includes documenting all installation, customization and integration efforts.
- Leads the creation of the configuration deployment procedures and trains integration and field engineers on various networking configurations.
- Utilizes knowledge of ITIL processes and methodology to develop project’s structure and documentation.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of the DOE’s Network Standards documents.
- Liaises with vendors to understand key technologies in the marketplace and determine viability of marketplace options regarding compliance with DOE standards.
- Works to develop documentation to implement solutions in accordance with the DOE’s educational vision.
- Establishes standards, processes and best practices in solution architecture to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Provides expert advice, technical leadership and guidance to IT teams for feasibility, solution architectural designs and options.
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge on all relevant software releases and their interaction with various partner platforms.
- Develops a consensus around critical architecture decisions and communicates architecture direction with business and IT teams.
- Performs complex, hands-on solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, concepts and developmental tasks required in support of current and new projects.
- Develops, enhances, manages and maintains both new and existing solutions.
- Communicates requirements and specifications to project teams. This includes:
- Analyzes business requirements to develop technical network solutions designs and their framework.
- Leading teams during the implementation stage.
- Controlling and reviewing solution implementation.
- Resolves complex project issues through the implementation of requirements and the management of solution delivery.
- Develops best practices and tools to ensure the successful delivery of solutions to business partners.
- Experience working with technologies such as Virtual Private Networks, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Wireless, and QoS.
- Active Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Certification.
7+ years of experience with the following:
- Planning, designing, configuring and implementing enterprise networks (Wide Area and Data Center) using technology products such as such Cisco ASR, Cisco 9k/7k/5k, Cisco ACI, or VMware NSX.
- Enterprise storage protocols, including FC, FCoIP, FCoE, and iSCSI.
- Planning, designing, configuring and implementing Next-Generation firewalls, web and content filtering solutions using technology products such as FortiGate, Zscaler, Cisco FirePower, and Cisco Meraki.
- Collaborating with network architects and engineers to create enterprise networks and address supports issues such as routing protocols, data center performance, high-availability and scalability.
- Working with IP networking and protocols (IPV4, IPV6, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EGRP).
- Application load-balancing products such as F5 LTM and F5 GTM.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is SriRam Chimata
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 7384242
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.