QA with Medicaid/CMS
Raleigh, NC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 03/23/2020 04:11 pm
Interview Type: Skype *** Very long term project; initial PO for 1 year, expect to go for 4+ years *** Onsite - No Remote ***
The IT Quality Specialist (IT-QAS) will be responsible for ensuring that the impact of new or upgraded IT systems are effectively implemented to support the delivery of desired business and technology outcomes. The role will work with the business and technology change management, process improvement, vendor management, and application support teams for the governance model to achieve required outcomes.
The ITQAS plays a pivotal role in supporting stakeholders by providing guidance and expertise in the validation of business and technology specifications required to achieve a high quality of Vendor services provided within the MES program framework. Additionally, the Specialist also has responsibility for supporting DHHS internal business units with sourcing and vendor selection, contract drafting and pricing negotiations, risk mitigation, vendor on boarding, and on-going vendor quality monitoring responsibilities. The Specialist will lead multiple projects within different internal departments. In this role, you will be working with a variety of Information Technology Vendors.
The resource will support the MITA 3.0 State Self-Assessment (SS-A) and performing mapping of the States Replacement MES requirements and business processes (which were developed as part of System Design) to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) MITA Business Processes and Business Capabilities Matrices to determine the MITA 3.0 maturity level of the Replacement MMIS (As-Is Assessment.) The ITQAS will also assist in the preparation of the States MITA 3.0 SS-A Report. Additionally the resource may assist in determining the States future goals for MITA (technology framework and business processes) by leading meetings with internal stakeholders and vendors to map the States Replacement MMIS processes to the To-Be MITA 3.0 maturity levels. A major component of this role will be the support of the CMS Information Technology Systems certification exercise which is heavily reliant on MITA compliance for the technical architecture for deployed IT systems.
This resource may interface with Division Leadership and DHHS Subject Matter Experts (SME) as required to complete the work. This role is focused on managing and monitoring integration efforts and compliance. Participation in drafting procurement documentation (RFI and IFB, RFP, and RFQ) is key aspect. Interface with business stakeholders will occur daily.
QA Validation Support
- Creating, updating and maintaining quality reporting and communicate performance trends to program management.
- Identifying trends and overseeing projects to lead continuous improvement and problem-solving efforts to improve quality
- Aggregating and analyzing quality data and recommending methods for improving product and service quality, design and/or business processes.
- Monitoring, identifying, and analyzing performance metrics in order to provide constructive feedback, maintain high-service levels, and increase production system efficiency.
- Coordinating with NC Medicaid PMO and NC Medicaid O&M to ensure all program review findings are identified, tracked. Ensuring a mitigation plan is in place with defined dates for resolution.
- Reviewing product history and lessons learned from design validation sources, current production quality, and warranty data to identify and drive preventive measures to ensure optimal quality of each project as it is implemented.
- Acting as liaison to federal program reviewers and State and DHHS Project Monitoring Oversight teams.
- Following up with management on all exceptions and corrective actions pertaining to quality reviews by staff.
- Responsible for supporting the quality review of the MITA 3.0 State Self-Assessment (SS-A) and performing mapping of the States Replacement MES requirements and business processes (which were developed as part of System Design) to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) MITA Business Processes and Business Capabilities Matrices to determine the MITA 3.0 maturity level of the Replacement MMIS (As-Is Assessment.) The resource will provide technical input to and assist in the preparation of the States MITA 3.0 SS-A Report.
- Assist in determining the States future goals for MITA (technology framework and business processes) by leading meetings with internal stakeholders and vendors to map the States Replacement MMIS processes to the To-Be MITA 3.0 maturity levels.
- Support of the CMS Information Technology Systems certification exercise which is heavily reliant on MITA compliance for the technical architecture for deployed IT systems.
- Conduct gap analyses of the As-Is operations and To-Be environments to identify appropriate actions needed to reach target maturity levels, and may develop the technical documentation for compliance with the CMS Seven Standards and Conditions.
- Perform crosswalks to evaluate the State Business Process Models (BPM) alignment with or deviation from the CMS-defined MITA BPM.
- Ensure the utilization of industry best practices for compliance with CMS and State-defined performance standards.
- Provide day-to-day technical advice to the MITA team members in the completion of the As Is assessment and strategic advice as requested.
- Perform pre-contract support, including vendor pre-qualification (RFI and IFB, RFP, and RFQ)
- Interface with Business Owners to ensure contract negotiation objectives align with key stakeholder expectations and provide project status and analysis throughout the negotiation and contract development phases
- Evaluate vendor documents to determine acceptability based on business unit needs and Federal/State standards
- Develop goals and metrics for measuring and managing supplier quality
- Mitigate vendor risk and create third party contingency plans
- Assist in validation of IT systems, evaluation of requirements, and testing.
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation of a Vendor Quality Management program including the policy, framework and procedures
- Oversees the quality review process, including risk assessment and due diligence through partnerships with Legal, business unit and security to ensure all requirements are met.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues from a quality assurance viewpoint.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with quality policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet expected quality requirements.
- Participates as a quality assurance technical representative at other project meetings. Presents quality assurance technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- Considered subject matter expert in associated risk and quality management methodology
- Review vendor risk assessment outputs to ensure risk has been appropriately assessed
- Delivers reporting from the risk management platform and team presentations to stakeholders
- Aid in design, creation and delivery of program training to internal business unit stakeholders
- Ensure departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulatory standards and company policies and procedures
- Participate in teams preparation and involvement in regulatory examinations
- Assist with the creation of policies and procedures
- Analyze data to drive recommendations
- Challenges and provides process improvement strategies on existing procedures and processes across the team and risk organization to achieve efficiencies.
- Basic understanding of SOC reports, Business Continuity Planning, Inherent Risk and Entity Level Controls
- Creates, modifies, and extracts reports and dashboards to communicate key metrics.
- Create and Implement a quality management and risk management process
- Build the methodology to measure and improve vendor quality
- 8 years experience
- 3 years of Knowledge of Enterprise IT Systems, system integration principles, and associated program, project, quality and test management best practices.
- 5 years of Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, function in a fast-paced moving constantly changing, deadline driven environment
- 5 years of Proficient use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe software
- 5 years of Skills in persuasion, negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution, and effective oral and written communication at all levels
- 3 years of Knowledge of planning, design and implementation of a Vendor Quality Management program including the policy, framework and procedures
- 5 years of Has an understanding of CMS Seven Standards and Conditions and the Medicaid/MITA program
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Gowtham Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (205) 5983015
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.