Senior SQL Server DBA
New York, NY, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 03/20/2020 02:17 pm
- Proficiency in preparing, maintaining SQL server installation and configuration documents.
9+ years of experience in the following:
- Query optimization experience with modification in TSQL queries, removing unnecessary columns, eliminating redundant and inconsistent data, normalizing database, establishing necessary joins, creating useful clustered index and non-clustered indexes.
8+ years of experience in the following:
- Database Normalization, logical and physical modelling, capturing data lineage, table and column data definitions, valid values and others necessary information in the data models.
- Enforcing standards and best practices around data modelling efforts.
- SQL Server installation of SQL Server and updating with service packs and patches.
- SQL Server setup and configuration on Windows Servers and Linux.
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2014/2016/2019 on the server and client machines, provide connections and manage databases.
- SQL Server installation on stand-alone and Windows Server Clustered environments.
- Administering the MS SQL Server security by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups. Attachment 1 - Technical Requirements
- Installing and configuring MYSQL databases.
- Installing, authoring, and managing reports using SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services.
- Performing daily database tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server native tools and third party software, including VERITAS net backups and Lite speed backups.
- Developing automated routine tasks for backup, restore and DBCC scripts for databases maintenance, optimization and transaction logs.
- Performing backup and data compression using different editions of SQL Server.
- Administering and monitoring MYSQL databases
- Planning, gathering the pre-deployment information and deployment of the third party tools like IDERA SQL Diagnostic, Dynatrace AppMon, and Quest Foglight etc.
- Backup and recovery implementation Strategy for 24x7 operation support
- Designing and implementing enterprise data warehouse solutions.
- Developing ETL Scripts to enable data processing into data warehouse.
- Working on developing robust data warehouse dictionary.
- Designing cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schemas.
- Configuring Report manager, PowerBI Servers, implementing role-based security to end users and developing report models for creating Ad-hoc reports using SSRS.
- Tuning queries and databases for better performance.
- Creating and maintaining Database Maintenance Plans.
- Performing SQL Server maintenance tasks including Database Integrity checks, update database Statistics and Reindexing.
- Configuring data partitioning/table partitioning on huge tables containing millions of rows for better performance.
- Creating database objects including Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Functions for the application using T-SQL.
- Performance tuning experience, modification of Complex Stored procedures to improve efficiency of the system.
- Supporting day to day operational activities for the database platform like service requests and tickets, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting long running queries, locks, deadlocks and performance issue like CPU, I/O, Memory bottlenecks, Backup and Restore, SQL jobs
5+ years of experience in the following:
Strong PowerShell experience for developing routine daily maintenance tasks.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Jagadishwar Rao
His/her contact number is +(1) (919) 3353915
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.