Asset Management/Security Consultant - w2 or 1099 - Onsite interview
Washington, DC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or 1099 Only
Position created on 12/06/2019 08:09 pm
**** W2 or 1099 Only - No c2c ***In person interview reasonable expenses will be paid for the interview *****Very long term project; initial PO till 9/30/2020 with multi year extensions ***
The District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer/Office of the Chief Information Officer is seeking to hire a Information Assurance Security Specialist.
- Developing, maintaining and executing asset management program including processes, procedures, tools, and reporting for all hardware/software assets.
- Manage IT asset inventory utilizing best practice software asset management (SAM), Hardware asset management (HAM) and IT asset disposition (ITAD) processes and tools across the full range of digital technology assets.
- Ensuring that Hardware and Telecommunication asset inventory is always up to date for all technology assets and only authorized components are used.
- Maintaining software asset management tools including accurate inventory of software
- Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
- Gather, analyze and manage data to track lifecycle, maintenance and decommissioning of IT assets.
- Tracks license utilization; performs license audits; respond to license validation requests; track remedial actions
- Perform sample laptop/desktop/telecommunication devices audits on a monthly basis to ensure that devices are assigned to the correct individuals
- Evaluate and configure existing asset management software and recommend an alternate software if required
- Coordinate the procurement function of IT assets.
- Receiving inventory and maintaining the inventory room (physical and/or virtual) for IT Equipment (Hardware and Telecommunication)
- Serving as an IT Point-of-Contact on true-up audits and asset renewal projects by gaining agreement on timelines, deliverables and effectively escalating issues.
- 11 years experience
- developing, maintaining, and recommending enhancements to IS policies/requirements
- performing vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems/apps
- identifying, reporting, and resolving security violations
- An Industry Certification such as Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), Certified Hardware Asset Management (CHAMP) or similar - Desired
- Understanding of Vendor Management, Procurement, Asset Lifecycles, and License Management.
- Experience in tracking Asset and License information via an Asset Management tool / CMDB
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.