Legal Assistant - US Citizens Only
Washington D.C., DC, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 12/06/2019 03:32 am
*** US Citizens only due to security; must go through background check; very long term; initial PO for 1 year with multi-year extensions ***
- Updates case information by entering events in component's automated case management system and tracks all activities completed. (Applicable to Civil and Criminal Sections only.)
- Prepare various legal documents (e.g., subpoenas, summons, notices, transmittal letters, conference letters, appendices, appearance forms, etc.), using standardized forms and/or formats. Verifies case citations to ensure accuracy. Proofreads completed work to ensure it is free of grammatical and spelling errors. Creates table of authorities for briefs. Ensures all documents prepared by attorneys are properly formatted.
- Under direction from the case attorney or paralegal specialist, reviews documents and identifies and/or redacts privacy information from legal documents.
- Assists attorneys or paralegal specialists by retrieving, photocopying, scanning, organizing, and assembling exhibits and other materials (e.g., for trials, depositions, or summary judgment motions, appendices, motions, electronic filings), and collecting additional information as requested.
- Assembles paper or electronic document packages for transmission within the Tax
- Division (e.g., settlement, appeal, or indictment packages).
- After analyzing nature of filings, electronically files documents and associated attachments with appropriate courts, using court's electronic case management system. Ensures that all local court rules and guidelines relating to electronic filing are met.
- Assists paralegal specialists and attorneys in gathering material and authorities, using electronic databases and internet search engines (e.g., PACEWestlaw, Google, etc.) or print sources.
- Photocopies, faxes, scans documents as requested, or arranges for copy center to complete large copy/scanning jobs.
- Makes travel arrangements using Department electronic system, as requested by attorney. Prepares travel authorizations and vouchers; ensures that required receipts are submitted with vouchers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3 years experience
- experience handling legal documents, searching, photocopying, faxing/scanning
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.