GIS Consultant - 2+ years project - Onsite Interview
Lansing, MI, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 12/05/2019 04:13 pm
*** F2F Interview Required - Reasonable expenses will be paid for face to face interview ***Onsite - No remote ***
*** Very long term project; initial PO for 2 years and usually the project goes for 3-5 years with this customer ***
Minimum requirement is a graduate degree in Information Technology, Geography, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or Geoscience, preferably with thesis or research in applying GIS to urban development and/or environmental issues. Equivalent project or work experience will be considered, along with strong IT skills. The scope of work for SIP-related research in collaboration with the US Forest Service primarily involves the building of a 3D GIS platform to facilitate the inclusion of urban heat island and building-sensitive wind effects in a high-resolution photochemical model of the innermost urban core of the Southeast Michigan ozone non-attainment area.
- Provide advanced technical expertise and support for a research joint venture between the EGLE AQD and the US Forest Service Northern Research Lab in developing high-resolution 3D GIS, meteorological, and air quality modeling and analysis tools for application to the State Implementation Plan (SIP) for the Southeast Michigan ozone non-attainment area.
- Provide advanced technical expertise and support for a USEPA-funded pilot study supporting the development of a GIS and Web-based platform for electronic permitting, emissions reporting, air dispersion modeling, compliance assurance, and enforcement activities.
- Provide advanced technical expertise and support for the development of contemporary real-time monitoring, data broadcasting, and data interpretation tools for air toxics studies and other special projects, possibly including drone-mounted measurements.
- Assist division staff in activities requiring advanced GIS, Python programming (including Jupyter Notebooks), database, or other sophisticated IT tools.
- Examples of required specific tasks are as follows:
- Constructing 3D digital building and cityscape models of specific areas in the City of Detroit and surrounding municipalities based on lidar data.
- Constructing 3D digital models of a few representative industrial facilities (e.g., a landfill, a refinery, a power plant) for a pilot GIS and Web-based platform for electronic permitting, emissions reporting, air dispersion modeling, compliance assurance, and enforcement activities.
- Writing Python code and designing Jupyter notebooks to facilitate the application of specialized forward and inverse air quality models, or to analyze real-time monitoring data.
- Developing Web applications for real-time data broadcasting and visualization for specialized monitoring studies.
- Setting up Cloud computing infrastructure for use by division staff.
- Developing and managing project-specific GIS and database systems.
- Because the contractor is expected to function as an expert resource to assist with specific projects, no explicit deliverables are required. However, the contractor will assist the Assistant Division Director in producing appropriate outputs, summaries, and reports as may be required throughout the contract performance period.
- 5 years experience
- 3 years ArcGIS - ArcMap/ArcCatalog/ArcTool Box/ArcGIS Server
- ArcGIS Pro
- Experience in Data Management with Geodatabase
- Python programming/scripting
- Experience Publishing Map Services
- Knowledge and understanding of database applications, cloud computing, and web services
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Karthik Gudaboinya(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (703) 5742066
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.