Project Manager - US Citizens Only
Richland, WA, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 12/05/2019 08:53 am
**** Federal/DoD Contract - Must be a US Citizen; must be willing to go through a background check *** 100% Onsite - No remote due to security***Initial PO till 9/30/2020 with multi year extensions; usually the project goes for 4+ years with this customer**
*** Customer works on 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday ***
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with staff, management and stakeholders.
- Act as the Scrum Master for Agile meetings, document user stories/requirements, conduct demonstrations/sprint planning meeting with customers, understand and help coach other project managers on agile software development methodology.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Develop software documentation such as software management plans, system requirements, test plans, etc.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT/related field plus 8 years of progressive information technology related leadership or Agile project management experience OR a combination of education and work experience (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in a disciplined IT project management framework, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server, as well as technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office, Excel and SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to support a staff of technical subject matter experts during non-standard business hours. Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years project management experience on a large scale project (s) with significant impact on business operations.
- experience in an Agile IT project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience in the compliance of formal Software Quality Assurance procedures including development and writing of IT documentation
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Rajendra Reddy
His/her contact number is +(1) (202) 4706751
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.