Mainframe Administrator - Onsite Interview
Raleigh, NC, United States
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 11/05/2019 04:57 pm
Interview Type: In person; reasonable expenses will be paid for onsite interview *** Very long term project; initial PO till 6/30/2020 with yearly extensions *** Onsite - No Remote ***
This position requires experience with large, complex z/OS mainframe environments and excellent problem-solving skills. Experience with z/OS, IOGEN, SMPE, OEM software products, LPAR support, Sysplex support,, and VTAM/TCPIP Comm Services is required.
- 10 years of advance level Installing and configuring software running in z/OS environment
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced competency working in complex systems environments
- Proficient project management skills and existing operating system software products
- Advanced experience in installing, configuring and supporting all z/OS Software and Hardware
- Advanced experience in installing, configuring and supporting of a Sysplex environment.
- Advanced experience installing, configuring and supporting z/OS communication Services .
- Advanced experience installing, configuring and supporting RACF security services.
- Advanced experience supporting ,EMC (or IBM) DASD and Virtual Tape, in addition to site to site replication
- Effective communicator both written and orallyJob requirements:
- Experience working in a large MVS, JES2 mainframe environment
- Experience with IMS, DB2, CICS, and Assembler is a plus.
- Perform storage administration and replications functions to support currently defined current recovery methodology.
- Manage EMC DASD and EMC Virtual tape environment
- Maintain Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan
- Install, support, maintain current version of z/OS, and OEM software services
- Manage, support and remediate all z|OS hardware and software issues
- Support and maintain Communications Server providing VTAM-TCP/IP services
- Maintain and monitor security settings to control access
- Provide application programming support as requested
- Navigate hardware and software vendors' technical support portal
- Determine root cause of problem using diagnostics and recommend/implement preventative action
- Design, implement, and support a multiple logical partitions (LPARs) environment
- Perform analysis and make tuning recommendations to improve performance
- Lead complex projects for software/hardware upgrades
- Facilitate the relationship with hardware/software vendors to coordinate upgrades; Maintain awareness of new/changes in hardware and software
- Support all Access Control Facility (Vangaurd) RACF,
- Coordinate and assist technical support staff in the installation, maintenance
- Apply recommended z/OS system maintenance to ensure system reliability and performance
- Maintain third party software products used by various departments to perform key business services
- Support company effort upgrading IT infrastructure; analyze current hardware environment and provide specifications for new hardware environment
- Support data storage requirements on the MVS environment
- Provide technical support to developers and users of long and short-term application development projects as required.
- Maintain clear communications with management and peers regarding production systems status and related problems
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Management
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Ragadeep Gattipally(Shaji Team)
His/her contact number is +(1) (510) 4086890
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.