Senior Data Engineer
San Bruno, CA, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 07/09/2019 03:59 pm
Description: Position Summary
- Very Strong engineering skills. Should have an analytical approach and have good programming skills.
- Provide business insights, while leveraging internal tools and systems, databases and industry data
- Minimum of 5+ years experience. Experience in retail business will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on engineering subject matter
- Ability to document requirements, data lineage, subject matter in both business and technical terminology.
- Guide and learn from other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to code, specific analytical reports and tools
- This role will involve coding, analytical modeling, root cause analysis, investigation, debugging, testing and collaboration with the business partners, product managers other engineering team.
- Strong analytical background
- Must be able to reach out to others and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong background in transforming big data into business insights
- Knowledge/experience with building Analytical data pipelines using PySpark or Scala Spark, Hive, and Hadoop tech stack
- Experience with Python programming - at least 4 years of development experience with Python progamming language is a must have
- Advanced SQL (preferably Hive QL and Teradata)
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, etc.).
- Strong Hadoop scripting skills to process petabytes of data
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting or similar programming/scripting knowledge
- Experience in ETL/ processes
- Real time data ingestion (Kafka)
Nice to Have
- Development experience with Java, Scala, Flume
- Automic scheduler
- Tableau or similar reporting/dash boarding tool
- Data modeling building experience with Tensorflow or MLlib or Keras or Scikit or any other ML/AI packages
- Retail industry background
BS degree in specific technical fields like computer science, math, statistics preferred
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Jagadishwar Rao
His/her contact number is +(1) (919) 3353915
His/her contact email is email@example.com
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.