Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Length and terms:
Long term - W2 or C2C
Position created on 07/09/2019 03:41 pm
- Supporting and monitoring a 24/7 high-quality video streaming service in a fast paced startup-like environment.
- Participation in oncall rotation, carrying oncall phone.
- Promptly responding to alerts and other issues raised by customers or internal business units.
- Promptly notifying relevant parties and acknowledging alerts.
- Promptly working with vendors, third party service providers (Content delivery networks, payment gateways, content licensing partners etc.) and internal teams to solve production issues.
- Collecting approvals and running software rollouts post-approvals.
- Working on day-to-day tasks like managing user access and supporting internal business units.
- Troubleshooting and fixing infrastructure issues from hardware layer to application layers with no or minimal supervision.
- Working on tailoring monitoring and alerting systems to avoid false positives and update alert related settings.
- Reviewing alerts, emails, updating relevant teams in meetings regarding issues and outages.
- Knowledge or at least familiarity with Linux shell, system internals, network, java applications and MySQL databases.
- Love for debugging: troubleshooting and debugging monitoring alerts and internet connectivity issues.
- Ability to read and understand server/systems logs and produce meaningful issue analyses.
- Good analytics, troubleshooting skills and intuition about probable root cause.
- Familiarity with Splunk, Python, Apache, rsync and monitoring/alerting tools like Nagios, PagerDuty, OpsGenie will be a plus.
Contact the recruiter working on this position:
The recruiter working on this position is Jagadishwar Rao
His/her contact number is +(1) (919) 3353915
His/her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruiters will be more than happy to help you to get this contract.